Are you facing SmartCast TV not available error? or looking for several methods to fix it immediately? If YES, you’ve come at the right place.
Casting video Directly from your phone or tablet is greatly beneficial to the Chromecast technology, which is built within the device. And now you can enjoy watching videos, shows, and series on a bigger screen.But sometimes the user might face issues like SmartCast Tv not available or appearance of the black screen.
This can happen if there is an issue with your TV settings or maybe your configuration settings. There might be some technical issues with your Smart cast TV which blocks you from mirroring contents.
What Does SmartCast TV Not Available Mean?
This Vizio SmartCast TV error basically means that your device is unable to connect to your tv; this may be because of some software glitch. If this error occurs, you will experience a black screen.
6 Methods To Solve SmartCast Tv Not Available Error?
Here are the steps which will help you resolve this error very easily.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Have a speed test and check the speed of your Internet connection. You can improve your internet speed by repositioning your Wi-Fi router and then connect it to your smart cast tv.
In order to check the network connection on your SmartCast Tv, go to the Network menu and select test connection.
2. Change Your Broadband Network
If the above solution doesn’t work, then try using some other network or maybe connect to your mobile hotspot and use them.
This is just to identify whether or not the ISP is causing the error. Probably using a different ISP will help you find whether the problem is with your network or not.
3. Change Your DCHP Settings
If None of the solutions aren’t working, then it’s now time to change your DCHP settings so that new and unique IP addresses are assigned to all the devices, which will avoid the error. To change the DCHP setting, follow the given steps:
- Turn off your Smart cast Tv.
- Turn on the computer, open the browser and search for the router’s URL
- Login with your given username and password
- Go to the settings and search for the DCHP setting under the advanced or network setting.
- Check whether it is enabled or disabled
- If disabled, enable it. If it is enabled already, disable it and then again enable it.
- Save and close the settings and turn on the tv
4. Perform a Power Cycle
By power cycling your smart cast tv and network devices, you can erase all temporary configurations which may be causing an error to your smart cast tv.
To perform a power cycle for your smart cast tv, follow the following steps given below:
- First, turn off your TV, modem, and router.
- Unplug all these devices and at least wait for a minute.
- First, plug in the modem and wait until the modem gets connected fully
- After connecting, plug in your Smart cast Tv
- Turn it on and check for the errors.
5. Update Your TV Software
Do check from time to time that if there are any updates available for your smart cast tv which you have missed to update.
If you missed it, here are the steps which you can follow to update your SmartCast tv:
- Go to your SmartCast tv setting > system > system updates
- Check for updates and if you find any make sure to update them
- Install them and update
- And wait for the TV to restart
6. Factory Data Reset Your SmartCast Tv
Factory data reset might be the last option to solve this error. This method will also help you with removing some other glitches as well. To factory reset your computer follow the given bellows steps:
- Press the menu button and click on system
- Navigate to Reset & Admin and select Reset TV to Factory Settings
- If you’re looking to factory reset using your TV’s buttons all you have to do is: press both the volume and input down buttons least 5 seconds until you see a bar on TV
- Press the Input button again for at least 5 seconds until your TV screen turns off
- Turn on your TV and follow the reset procedure
- How to reset my Smart cast Tv?
Not every smart cast tv is the same, but you can reset them by pressing and holding the volume and input button for 10-15 seconds.
- Why is the Smart cast Tv not connecting to Wi-Fi?
This can happen for a number of reasons; the most obvious reason would be the incorrect details entered. Double-check the password that you have entered to make sure it is correct
- Is my Tv a Smart cast technology?
There is a possibility that you don’t receive any manual or guide with the Tv, and also you are not sure whether the Tv is a smart cast, the easiest way to find out is by checking out the input options to see whether the smart cast option is available.
Smart cast technology has the benefit of getting content on your tv from your phone or tablet. But sometimes, due to technical reason, this might not be possible. So make a slow approach in checking all the things mentioned in this article.
In the above article, you have seen various problems to solve your SmartCast TV not available error. Remember that the smart cast technology entirely depends on the Internet connection, and often the connectivity is the main cause of the issue.