Hulu Error 5003 is one of the most common errors from the list of Hulu Error Codes. This error means playback failure and it shows up when you are streaming content on Hulu. Whether you are watching on your Smartphone, Macbook, Android TV, or PS4 this error can occur on your streaming devices or in your app
However the error usually comes with three different messages:
- Playback Failure
- We’re sorry but there was an issue playing this video
- Please Check your Connection and Try again. (5003)
What are the causes of Hulu Error 5003?
Hulu Error 5003 is a Playback Failure which means the content you are trying to watch is having poor internet connection or there is a problem in your device or app. The main causes of error are:
- Playback Failure
- Outdated App
- Poor Internet Connection
- Outdated Device
How to Fix Hulu Error 5003?
To fix Hulu Error 5003 follow the troubleshooting methods given below:
1. Power Cycle All Devices
- Switch off every device in which the error is appearing including your router or modem
- Wait for Few Minutes
- Lastly, Switch on your router and modem and check if the Hulu Error 5003 is solved or not.
Method 2 – Reinstall the Hulu Application
Reinstalling the Hulu App is the best solution to fix any error code. To uninstall the Hulu app from your device and reinstall it again to check whether your Hulu Error 5003 is solved or not.
Method 3 – Check your Internet Connection
It might be that your Internet Connectivity is low because of all other devices connected to the same router. So to improve your Connectivity issue follow the steps given below:
- Remove all the devices which are connected
- Close all the background apps on your device
- Now use your Ethernet Cable to connect your WiFi to the router
- Lastly, place the router near your device
It requires the following speed to stream your movies, TV-Shows on Hulu App
- Up to 3Mbps for movies, episodes
- Up to 8Mbps for Live streaming
- And, more than 12Mbps is needed for 4K Content
Method 4 – Clear Your Cache and Data
- Open “Settings” and navigate to “Apps“
- Tap on the “Hulu App“
- Go to “Storage Section“
- Tap on “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” one by one
- Lastly restart the Hulu application
There are no ways to clear your cache and data in iPhone. So just simply you have to do is:
- Go to Settings
- Click on General Section >Storage
- Now tap on Hulu App and uninstall the Hulu App
- Lastly, go to Apple Store and reinstall the Hulu App
For Xbox One
- Go to Menu.
- Choose My Games and Apps > Apps.
- Highlight the Hulu.
- Hit Menu on your controller.
- Tap on the Manage Apps > Clear saved data.
- Select Home on the main menu.
- Then, on the remote controller press Home 5 times
- Then press Up + press Rewind 2 times + press Fast Forward 2 times.
- Lastly, the data will be cleared
Method 5 – Reinstall the Hulu App
Method 6 – Update the Hulu Application
- Go to PlayStore click on the “Menu” button in the top left corner.
- Click on the “My Apps and Games” button and select the “Updates” tab.
- Click on the “Check for Updates” button
- select the “Update” button in front of the Hulu app to initiate the updating process.
- Wait for the update to be downloaded and installed.
- Lastly, try to stream back and check whether the issue is solved or not
For Apple TV
- Open Settings and click on “Apps”.
- Select the “Automatically Update Apps” button to configure the TV to update apps on its own.
- Click on it again to turn it off after the app has been updated.
So these are 6 troubleshooting methods to solve your Hulu Error code 5003. Go through all the methods and try one by one to solve your error to stream back your favorite movies and TV-Shows on Hulu again.