When it comes to installing or Updating Windows 10, there are lots of problems you could face. Most of the time there is an error 0xC1900101 that the system shows up along with the following message given below:
Couldn’t update to Windows 10, Sorry we couldn’t complete the update to Windows. We’ve restored your previous version of Windows to this PC.
This error is usually caused due to a device driver issue and there are plenty of reasons which shows up the error code they are:
- Out-date drivers or operating system is not compatible with the drivers.
- Antivirus software or virus attack.
- Incompatible external hardware.
- Corrupted System Files in Windows
So in this article I will be showing you the fixes of error 0xC1900101 in your Windows
- How To Solve Windows Update Error Code: (0x80073712) ?
- 0x80070422: How To Fix Windows This Update Error Code?
- How to Fix Error 0x80004005 in your Windows?
How to Fix Error 0xC1900101?
To fix error 0xC1900101 we have 4 troubleshooting methods given below:
Method 1: Run SFC/DISM Commands
System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in Windows feature that helps scan your system files and repair missing or corrupted system files. So to run the SFC scan follow the steps given below :
- Press the Windows logo key and type “cmd“
- Right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator
- Then click YES if it is prompted for the confirmation
- In the Command Prompt Window. type sfc/scannow and press Enter
- Wait for 15-20 minutes to replace the corrupted file systems with the new one
- Then in the same window type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Lastly, restart your computer
Method 2: Check Disk Scan
It is possible that the Hard Drive that contains the game installation has been corrupted or contains bad sectors. Therefore, you can try to run a “Disc Check” scan to check the drive for bad sectors by following the steps given below:
- Press the “Windows” + “R” keys simultaneously.
- Type in “cmd” in the dialogue box and press “Enter“
- Type in “chkdsk c: /f” and press “Enter” to
- Press “Y” to confirm the scheduling of a disk check scan.
- Wait for the Disk Check scan to complete and check to see if the issue persists.
Method 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Running the Windows built-in feature called Windows Update Troubleshooter can help you to fix your Windows Update Error. Follow the steps given below in order to run it:
- Press the Windows key and I key together to go to Settings.
- Select the Update & Security option
- Now go to the Troubleshoot tab and click on Hardware and Device on the right panel
- Then click Run the troubleshooter to continue.
- Then just wait for the computer to detect the problems. And if there are problems with hardware, they will be displayed after the scanning process is completed.
- Then you just need to select the problems to fix.
Method 4: Update or Uninstall Drivers
Sometimes, if you only upgrade your operating system while not update drivers, then 0xc1900101 error will occur. Similarly, if your drivers are damaged, this error will occur, too. Therefor you should update your drivers or even uninstall them to fix the error. Here’s how to do it:
- Open File Explorer and right-click This PC to continue.
- Choose Manage to continue.
- Choose Device Manager under the System Tools option to continue.
- Right-click the disk device under Disk Drives, then choose Update driver or Uninstall device.
- And after updating all the disk drivers, you need to reboot your computer to see whether this error occurs again or not
So try these above-given methods to resolve your 0xc1900101 Windows Error and if the problem still persists then contact Microsoft Support to resolve your error.