The content://com.android.browser.home/ which is a link or a code is generally used to set default home pages in browsers. If you are a smartphone user, then you would definitely know that the mobile phone is always integrated with a browser and a default homepage. Many of us might not like the default home page and wanted to change it. If you are one of them, then you are in the right place.
Here, in this article, let us discuss what is content://com.android.browser.home/ and how to change the default homepage of your browser.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
content://com.android.browser.home/ is the link that defines the default homepages in the browsers. There are many different browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc…
Each one has a unique default homepage that is stored in content://com.android.browser.home/. However, each browser has a different method to set the default homepage.
How To Set Default Browser in an Android Phone?
But first, let us learn how to set a default browser on our devices. Setting your favorite browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla, Opera as the default browser is a universal process. The following method works for every Android Smartphone and Tablet.
- First, on your Android device, go to Settings.
- Then, go to the Installed Apps/Manage Apps section that shows all the Apps on the phone.
- Now, click on three dots on the top right corner. Select Default Apps and Click on the Browser options.
- Select your favorite browser that you want to set as the default browser.
- You have now successfully set the default browser.
Now all the links you search will open from your favorite browser directly. It time for you to choose the default homepage. Scroll down to know more about how to set a default home page on different browsers.
How To Set Default Homepage on Browser?
The different browser has a different way to set the default homepage. So, the following guide will help you learn how to set the default homepage in browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox
Set Default Homepage on Google Chrome
If your default browser is Google Chrome, then follow the below guide to set the default homepage.
- Open Google Chrome browser on your Android phone and click on three dots in the upper right corner of your screen
- Open Settings from the option and under Basics, you will see the Home page option.
- In Chrome Browser search Chrome://flags/. It will open an experiment page.
- There, search for “Force Enable Home Page Button” and enable it.
- In the Home page option, click on “Open this page” and type the URL that you want to set as a default home page. Save it.
- Relaunch the Chrome browser two times and again go to settings.
- You will see the Home page option.
- Relaunch the Google Chrome browser. You will see your custom default homepage.
Set Default Homepage on Mozilla Firefox
To set the default home page on Mozilla Firefox, follow the given below step-by-step procedure.
- Open the Mozilla browser on your Android device and click on three dots on the top right corner.
- Then go to settings and select the General option in Settings.
- Now go to Home and then to Set a Homepage.
- Select Custom. Enter the URL that you want to set as a default Homepage on Mozilla.
- Click on OK. Close the browser.
- Open the Mozilla browser again. You will see your homepage.
In this article, we have discussed what is content://com.android.browser.home/ and also different ways to set the default homepages in different browsers.