Sometimes when booting your Windows 10, you see a blue screen which tells that your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. If you try to reboot again, the same screen appears. This issue is called BSOD (blue screen error of death) as shown in the picture below:
There is no specific reason that brings a blue screen error of death. Usually, your PC ran into a problem Windows 10 is caused by a hardware issue or hardware driver issue. And when Windows encounters a “stop error”, Windows keeps crashing and you get a blue screen.
How To Fix Your PC Ran Into A Problem And Needs To Restart Issue?
To Fix This Your PC Ran Into A Problem And Needs To Restart Issue we have 4 troubleshooting methods given below:
Method 1: Boot Into Safe Mode
The first thing you should do is reboot Windows in Safe Mode To enter Safe Mode, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Update & Security section.
- Select Recovery from the menu on the left.
- Now click the Restart now button in Advanced startup section.
- A list of options should appear. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Now click the Restart button.
- You’ll now see a list of options.
- Press the corresponding key to select the desired version of Safe Mode.
Method 2: Modify The Memory Dump Setting
Sometimes changing your memory dump settings is very useful for BSOD. If you’re getting Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart message, you can fix the problem by doing the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter advanced system. Now select View advanced system settings from the list of results.
- Click on the Advanced tab in the upper side of the Properties window.
- Under the Start-up and Recovery topic left-click on Settings.
- Under the System failure section you will need to uncheck the box next to Automatically restart
- Under the Write debugging information topic, click on the drop-down menu and left-click again on the Complete memory dump option.
- Save changes and reboot your Windows device.
Method 3: Run System File Checker (SFC) Scan
System File Checker (SFC) is a built-in Windows feature that helps scan your system files and repair missing or corrupted system files. So to run the SFC scan follow the steps given below :
- Press the Windows logo key and type “cmd“
- Right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator
- Then click YES if it is prompted for the confirmation
- In the Command Prompt Window. type sfc/scannow and press Enter
- Wait for 15-20 minutes to replace the corrupted file systems with the new one
- Lastly, restart your computer
Method 4: Perform A System Restore
If you’re not familiar, this tool allows you to restore your PC to an earlier state and fix various problems. To perform a System Restore, follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows Key + S and type system restore.
- Select Create a restore point from the list of results.
- The System Properties window will now open. Click the System Restore button.
- System Restore will now start. Click the Next button.
- If it’s available, check to Show more restore points option.
- Now you just need to choose the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the steps to complete the restoration process.
- Lastly after performing a system restore, check if the issue is solved or not.
Thus, all the above-given solutions are very effective and after applying them you can easily deal with ‘Your PC Ran Into A Problem And Needs To Restart ’ issue on Windows 10. Also if the problem still persists then contact Microsoft Support to resolve your error.