Steps to Reset your Netgear Router:Below are the steps to reset your Netgear Wifi Router 1. Using The Reset Button To Reset your Netgear Router Using the Reset button is the most simple and easy method to do practically. So I will show you the steps to clear your understanding about Resetting your Netgear Router
- Firstly, find out the Reset button at the back of your Netgear Router
- Then use a Paper Clip or something similar object
- After that Press and Hold the Reset Button for at least 7 seconds
- Then Release the Reset Button for your Netgear Router to Reboot
- Now Router has started your reset process and Factory Default Settings are restored.
Also, Read – How to Change Wifi Password of your Router?
2. Using the Router Web Interface to Reset Your Netgear Router:If the Reset button is not helping you to solve your problem then this Web Interface will surely help you to Reset your Netgear Router. I will show you the steps to Reset your Netgear Router
- Open Browser
- Then type ‘www.routerlogin.net‘ into the search field and access to the login page
- Type your Netgear Router username and password and click on the ‘Login‘ button
- Now Netgear interface will be open Select the ‘Settings‘ tab on the left panel
- After that click on ‘Administration‘ and then select ‘Backup Settings Option’
- On the Backup Settings find the ‘Erase‘ button
- Now click on it under the ‘Revert to Factory Default Settings Option’
- Then click on the ‘Yes‘ option to confirm the Reset of your Netgear Router
- Now the Reset Process will begin and the power light will be blinking in White or Green Color
- Congratulations router is been successfully reset
Also, Read – Router IP Address: How to Find it in Any Device?
FAQ1. How do I change my router administrator’s name? – The default username and password is admin. On the Home screen, click on the Network Settings Button. Click on Tools>Admin. Change the Login Name and click Apply 2. How do I find my Netgear router password? -The administration interface should appear on your screen. On the menu on the left, click on Wireless Settings: The wireless network name (SSID) and password/passphrase/key can be read from the screen as marked on the screenshot above. 3. How do I change my WiFi administrator’s name and password?
- Open Browser
- Enter www.routerlogin.net
- Enter the router admin user name and password
- Select Settings > Wireless Setup.
- Enter your new network name in the Name (SSID) field