Windows is the most popular operating system on planet earth. Annoyingly, users encounter issues when performing even the most mundane of tasks. One such issue is the Windows 10 update error code 0x80240fff that occurs when trying to update to the latest release/ update.
It really resents people when Windows 10 fails to update on PCs or laptops. Things may even get worse when Windows users receive error codes such as 0x80240fff while they are attempting to gain a new system on devices.
How to Fix Windows Update Error Code 0x80240fff?
To fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x80240fff we have 4 troubleshooting methods given below:
Method 1: Defer Updates
Windows 10 allows you to defer updates which means delay the update. So if the current build is causing an issue, you can wait for a fix from Microsoft. It applies to both feature update and quality update.
- Use Windows + S Hotkeys to open search bar and type Settings.
- The navigate to Update & Security > Advanced Options
- Under the label “Choose when updates are installed,” select the number of days by which you want to delay or defer it.
- Post this; the Windows Update system will wait for that number of days before trying to install it again.
Method 2: Windows Media Creation Tool
Windows home users can fix Windows 10 wont update error 0x80240fff by using Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Download Window Media Creation Tool by clicking here and run it as Admin.
- Accept the terms and click Upgrade this PC > Next.
- Installation of Windows 10 will begin once the download is complete.
- Select “Change what to keep” and click “Install “after closing all open files and apps.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Your PC may reboot several times.
Method 3: Restart the Background intelligent Transfer Services
The Windows Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is an essential component that helps programs download data and files from the internet. If you log off and log back in, BITS will resume the transfers once the connection is re-established
- Press Windows key + R key, and type services.msc in the text box.
- Locate Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) on the list.
- Right-click the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service, and then click Properties
- On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic (Delayed Start) is selected. If it isn’t, select it, and then click Apply
- Next to Service status, check to see if the service is started. If it isn’t, click Start.
Method 4: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows 10 features a series of built-in troubleshooters that can help you fix general technical issues, including update problems.
- Press Windows + S hotkey and type Settings
- Open the Settings app and click on Update and Security
- On the left side click on the Troubleshoot option
- Lastly, run the troubleshooter by click on the troubleshooter button
So these are 4 troubleshooting methods to solve Windows 10 update Error 0x80240fff. Try these methods and if the problem still persists then contact Microsoft Support to resolve your Error