As the title suggests how to fix the ‘MSVCP140.dll is missing’ error we are going to discuss the most prominent problem, users face nowadays.
A popup gets generated showing that msvcp140.dll is missing. In a windows computer, any one of the two below mentioned may occur.
• The program can’t start because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
• The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.
In this article, we are going to discuss the procedure to fix the ‘MSVCP140.dll Is Missing’ problem.
1. Restore your msvcp140.dll is missing automatically:
c It is a computer repairing software that diagnoses problems and then fixes them accordingly. It looks after hardware-related issues and security issues and also looks after the missing files. It replaces all the damaged or missing dll files with a quick clean-up. The steps are as followed;
II. Run a free scan for hardly 5 minutes and get the details of the problems.
III. Click on “Start Repair” to fix problems at one go. After that, you need to get a plan with a 60-day money-back guarantee. So, you can cancel it anytime according to your convenience.
2. Install the msvcp140.dll file:
If you want to fix the problem at one go, then make sure to use the dll-files.com client. The steps are as followed;
II. Type MSVCP140.dll in the search box and click Search for DLL file.
III. Click msvcp140.dll in the search result.
IV. Now install. After that, your problems will be fixed.
3. Clean installation of the program:
The general cause of this problem is that the program’s installation files may include the correct version of this file. The steps are as followed.
I. Hold down the Windows logo key and press “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.
II. Type appwiz.cpl and press “Enter” to have all the programs installed on your computer.
III. Right-click on the program that’s giving you the error and click “Uninstall”.
IV. Click “yes” to confirm you want to uninstall the program.
V. Restart your computer.
VI. Reinstall the program.
VII. Launch the program.
Your problem is going to get fixed.
Sometimes, these problems occur due to the presence of a virus. So it is normally recommended to run a virus scan for proper safety purposes.
4. Run a virus scan:
Windows Defender may not detect it, so you should try another antivirus application such as Avira and Panda. If any malware has been detected, follow the instructions provided by the antivirus program to fix it. Then restart your computer and try to launch your program again to see if it works.
If you still have problems on understanding it you can also watch this video, for help:-
So today, we have learned how to fix the ‘MSVCP140.dll Is Missing’ error in the right way. We have tried different methods/steps such as restoring, installing, cleaning and running our file to diagnose the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
1. What can I do to fix the Msvcp’s DLL being missing?
1. How to Fix Msvcp110. DLL Errors
2. Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 package and then run it. …
3. Restore Msvcp110. …
4. Conduct a malware/virus scan of all your systems. …
5. System Restore is a way to reverse recent changes to your system. …
6. Reinstall the application that is causing the error.
2. What do I need to know about installing the MSVCP140 DLL in Windows 7?
1. To fix the issue Download and install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable from Microsoft:
2. Log in to Windows as administrator.
3. Download the Vc_redist. x86.exe file. Accept the license agreement, after that click Install.
4. Once the installation has completed After the installation is complete, you can restart your computer.
3. What is Msvcp DLL?
Msvcp71. DLL is an Microsoft C Runtime library, and it is required to run many Microsoft as well as non-Microsoft apps on the Windows system. If you’re getting an DLL error when running an application or a program and you are unable to resolve it, it could be that there is a problem with the installation files for this program.
4. How do I download msvcp140 dll?
1. DLL-files.com takes care of everything for you.
2. Install and download it. DLL-files.com Client.
3. Start the application.
4. Type MSVCP140. …
5. Click msvcp140. …
6. Click Install (you’re obliged to sign-up for the program prior to being able to install the files. You’ll be asked to do this when clicking Install).