Diablo 3 is one of the most popular RPG games. However, in recent times many people are facing connection error when they play this game on Windows PC. And one of the most common errors is Diablo 3 error code 1016.
The Diablo 3 error code 1016 is usually associated with your Internet connection. It is a connection issue where the game gets disconnected from the network.
How to Fix Diablo Error Code 1016?
To Fix Diablo error code 1016 we have 3 troubleshooting methods given below:
Method 1: Disable the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
IPv6 is not compatible with Diablo 3 and it can cause problems to other games also due to which Diablo 3 error code 1016 appears. So, you can fix the Diablo Error Code by following the steps given below:
- Type control in the Windows search box near the Start menu
- Choose Control Panel to open it.
- Choose the Network and Internet category and then select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings on the left side of the window.
- Then you can see a list of network devices installed on your PC. Right-click on the one you are currently using and then choose Properties.
- On the pop-up window, find and uncheck the box next to the Internet Protocol Version 6 option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Then re-launch the game and check to see if the Diablo 3 error code 1016 gets fixed.
Method 2: Reset your IP Address
IP address problems are the major reasons for the Diablo 3 network connection error. If this is the case, you can fix the problem by resetting your IP address. Follow the steps given below to reset it
- Press Windows key + R key at the same time to bring up the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd in the Run dialog window and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together to open the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Now type the following commands one by one and hit Enter Enter after each.
- Type exit to close the Command Prompt window, and then check if the problem is fixed or not.
Method 3: Run Diablo 3 in Compatibility Mode
The Diablo eror code could be caused by the compatibility issue between the game and the Windows OS version you are using. If you are using Windows 10 OS, you can follow the steps below to run the game in compatibility mode
- Right-click the shortcut of Diablo 3 game on your PC and choose Open file location.
- In the folder, right-click on Diablo.exe file and click on Properties.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
- Choose Windows 7 from the dropdown menu.
- Under the Settings section, check the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- At last, click the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes you just made.
- Then close the window and launch the game again to check if error code has been removed or not
So these are 3 troubleshooting methods to solve your Diablo Error Code 1016. Feel Free to try these methods and if the problem still persists then contact Diablo Support to resolve your Error