Microsoft Store is very useful for Windows 8,8.1 and 10 features and it is similar to the concept you see on Mobile Phones. This Store allows you to download various applications and games on your PC. But despite its wonderful feature, many Windows users are encountering this error code: 0x800131500.
This error code appears when you try to updates the app or launch new apps or you are trying to launch Microsoft Store. The worst thing is it comes with a message shown in the picture below
- How to Fix Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network’s Proxy Settings Error?
- How To Solve Windows Update Error Code: (0x80073712) ?
- How to Fix The Default Gateway is Not Available Error in Windows 10?
How To Fix Windows Store Error Code: 0x800131500?
To Fix this Error code: 0x800131500 in Microsoft Windows Store we have 5 troubleshooting methods given below:
Method 1: Check Date and Time Settings
If the date and time are incorrect then your Windows might have a worse effect on your update and services so it is necessary to check date and time settings when you are getting update error. Follow the steps below in order to do it:
- Go to Search Bar and type Control Panel and click on it
- Under the Control Panel, select the Date and Time section
- Click on Change Date and Time Settings
- Set the correct Date and Time if it is incorrect
- Click on OK
- Lastly, restart your computer and try to install system updates
Method 2: Change the DNS
Changing The DNS is another way to fix code: 0x800131500 Windows Store. So follow the steps given below to change it:
- Go to search bar type Control Panel and click on it to open
- Open Control Panel and click on Network and Sharing Center option
- In the left-side of the window click on Change Adapter Settings
- Select your Wi-fi then double-click on it and choose Properties
- Now select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/Ipv4) and click on Properties
- Tick on “Use the following DNS server address” and type the following
- Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- Alternate DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Lastly, close everything and click on OK
Method 3: Reset Windows Store
Resetting the cache usually solves similar issues because they are caused when the Store is used excessively and its cache becomes larger than recommended. So follow the steps given below to reset it in Windows
- Go to search bar and type cmd
- Right-click on the command prompt and click on run as administrator
- In the command line window, type the command wsreset and hit Enter to continue.
- When the process is finished, reboot your computer and check whether the code: 0x80131500 is solved or not
Method 4: Create a New User Account
Some users complain that creating a new account may help to solve this Windows Store error. So, if you come across the same this error then try these steps given below:
- Press Windows key and I key together to open Settings.
- In the pop-up window, click Accounts to continue.
- Then go to Family & other users
- Choose Add someone else to this PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Next, choose Add a user without a Microsoft account
- At last, create a new user account for this PC.
Method 5: Run The Windows Update Troubleshooter
You can choose to run Windows Store troubleshooter, which is able to detect the problems on your computer and fix them. Follow the steps given below to run it:
- Press the Windows + I key together to open Settings.
- Then choose Update & Security.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- The scroll down to find the Windows Store App.
- Then click Run the troubleshooter to continue.
So in this post we have introduced 5 ways to fix the code: 0x80131500. If you come across the same issue, you can try these solutions, and if the problem still persist then contact Microsoft Support to resolve your error